5-Star-Rated Orthodontist For Children’s Orthodontic Care & Treatment
Does Your Child Need Early Orthodontic Care & Treatment?
- Excessive tooth crowding
- Insufficient jaw space for permanent teeth
- Overly fast or slow growth of upper or lower jaw
- Upper or lower jaw that is too wide, too narrow, or crooked
- Presence of oral habits that can cause tooth misalignment and other problems, such as finger and thumb sucking
At Clear Choice Orthodontic Associates, we will never recommend unnecessary orthodontic care and treatment for your child. If your child is able to wait for treatment until he or she is older, then that is what we will tell you – and that is what we tell most patients who come in for their child’s initial evaluation at age 7!
Should we find that your child would indeed benefit from early orthodontic treatment, we will discuss all options and their benefits at length with you. Our goal is for you to feel confident in any treatment you choose to pursue for your child.
What Are the Benefits of Early Orthodontic Care & Treatment?
Addressing the types of issues listed above before the permanent teeth have grown in can provide a variety of potential benefits for your child, including:
- Prevent the need to extract healthy permanent teeth
- Reduce the likelihood of impacted permanent teeth
- Prevent the need for later jaw surgery to expand and/or align the jaws
- Minimize misaligned teeth caused by finger sucking
- Decrease or eliminate the need for braces
- Lower the risk of injury to protruding front teeth
- Improve speech development
- Improve the smile & self-confidence during critical development years
- Increase the stability of future treatment results
In some cases, Phase One orthodontic treatment may even help to achieve ideal results that would not otherwise be possible after a child’s permanent teeth have erupted.
To learn more about early orthodontic care and treatment and to find out if your child would benefit from it, schedule your child’s complimentary Dr. McLendon Smile Analysis. This package for new patients includes an office tour and a complete exam. In addition, patients receive x-rays and a comprehensive consultation with one of our expert Houston orthodontists – a $250 value, yours free! To learn more or to schedule your child’s free Dr. McLendon Smile Analysis, call 281.587.4900. To request your appointment online, click here. We look forward to meeting you!