Pediatric Orthodontist in The Woodlands, TX — Top-Rated Early Treatment
Compassionate Care You Can Count On
According to the American Association of Orthodontists, children should be evaluated by an orthodontic specialist by age 7. Most parents find that their child’s orthodontic care and treatment can wait. However, some do discover that early orthodontic treatment (also called Phase One orthodontic treatment) can significantly reduce the need for costly or more invasive treatment later in life. Phase One orthodontic treatment addresses issues before all permanent teeth have fully erupted. The ideal age for this differs, as it depends on your child’s developmental stage and the type of orthodontic problem. Our pediatric orthodontist in The Woodlands, TX, can help determine your child’s needs.
Does Your Child Need Early Care?
Cases that may call for early treatment include:
- Upper or lower jaw that is too narrow, too wide, or crooked
- Bad oral habits that cause tooth misalignment and other problems, such as finger and thumb sucking
- Excessive tooth crowding
- Insufficient jaw space for permanent teeth to erupt
- Overly slow or overly fast growth of the upper or lower jaw
At Clear Choice Orthodontic Associates, you can trust that we will never recommend unnecessary orthodontic care and treatment for your child. If your child can wait for treatment until he or she is older, that is what we will tell you – in fact, that is what we tell most patients who come in for their child’s initial evaluation at age 7!
If we find that your child would benefit from early orthodontic treatment to prevent later problems, we will discuss all options and their benefits at length with you. Our ultimate goal is for you to feel confident and informed in any treatment you choose to pursue for your child.
Early Orthodontic Care & Treatment Benefits
When we address the types of issues listed above before the permanent teeth have grown in, we are able to provide a variety of possible benefits for your child, including:
- Prevent extraction of healthy permanent teeth
- Reduce the likelihood of impacted permanent teeth
- Avoid jaw surgery later in life to expand and/or align the jaws
- Minimize misaligned teeth that may be caused by thumb sucking
- Decrease or even eliminate the need for braces
- Lower the risk of injury to protruding front teeth
- Improve developing speech
- Increase self-confidence during critical developmental years
- Increase the chance of successful results in future treatments
In some cases, Phase One orthodontic treatment may help you achieve ideal results that would not otherwise be possible after a child’s permanent teeth have erupted.
Find Out More From Our Pediatric Orthodontist in The Woodlands, TX, Today!
To find out more about early orthodontic care and treatment and to find out if your child would benefit from it, schedule your child’s complimentary Dr. McLendon Smile Analysis. This package for new patients includes a complete exam and an office tour. Additionally, patients will get x-rays and a comprehensive consultation with one of our expert The Woodlands orthodontists – a $250 value, yours free! To schedule your child’s free Dr. McLendon Smile Analysis and learn more, call 281.587.4900. To request your appointment online, click here. We look forward to meeting you!