Pediatric Orthodontist in Spring, TX, Provides Compassionate Care
5-Star-Rated Orthodontic Treatment
According to the American Association of Orthodontists, children should be evaluated by an orthodontic specialist by the age of 7. During their child’s initial evaluation, most parents find out that orthodontic care and treatment can wait. However, some discover that early orthodontic treatment (also called Phase One orthodontic treatment) can significantly reduce the need for costly or invasive treatment later on in life. Phase One orthodontic treatment is designed to address issues before all permanent teeth have fully erupted. The ideal age for this differs, as it depends on the nature of the orthodontic problem and your child’s developmental stage. Our pediatric orthodontist in Spring, TX, can help determine your child’s needs.
Does Your Child Need Phase One Treatment?
Cases that may require early treatment include:
- Upper and/or lower jaw that is too wide, crooked, or too narrow
- Oral habits that can cause tooth misalignment and other problems, such as finger and thumb sucking
- Severe tooth crowding
- Insufficient jaw space for permanent teeth to erupt
- Overly slow or fast growth of the upper or lower jaw
At Clear Choice Orthodontic Associates, we will never recommend any unnecessary orthodontic care or treatments for your child. If your child is able to wait for treatment until he or she is older, that is what we will tell you – in fact, that is what we tell most patients who come in for their child’s initial evaluation at age 7!
If we do find that your child would benefit from early orthodontic treatment that would help avoid future problems, we will discuss all options and their benefits at length with you. Our goal is for you to feel confident in any treatment you choose to pursue for your child.
Early Orthodontic Care & Treatment Benefits
When we begin treating the types of issues listed above before the permanent teeth have grown in, we can provide many potential benefits for your child’s orthodontic health, including:
- Avoid extraction of healthy permanent teeth
- Reduce the likelihood of impacted permanent teeth
- Avoid jaw surgery later in life to expand and/or align the jaws
- Minimize misaligned teeth caused by thumb sucking
- Decrease or even eliminate the need for braces
- Lower the risk of injury and damage to protruding front teeth
- Improve developing speech
- Improve self-confidence during critical developmental years
- Increase the chance of successful results in future treatment
In some cases, Phase One orthodontic treatment can help achieve ideal results that would not otherwise be possible after a child’s permanent teeth have come in.
Contact Our Pediatric Orthodontist in Spring, TX, Today!
To find out more about early orthodontic care and treatment and if your child would benefit from it, schedule your child’s complimentary Dr. McLendon Smile Analysis. This package for new patients includes a complete exam and an office tour. Additionally, patients will receive x-rays and a comprehensive consultation with one of our expert Spring orthodontists – a $250 value, yours free! To learn more or to schedule your child’s free Dr. McLendon Smile Analysis, call 281.587.4900. To request your appointment online, click here. We look forward to meeting you!